Peggy Sue Got Married - Movie Review

They said that life flashes over you a minute before you die, and this is what I thought of after watching the 1986 movie Peggy Sue Got Married.

Peggy Sue Got Married is a comedy/scifi/drama/romance movie that revolves around Peggy Sue a mother of two whose marriage is about to be broken but after fainting in her high school reunion, she was brought back to her teenage self in the 60's where she relived and rediscovered her life.

Peggy Sue is played by Kathleen Turner an actress whose face I'm familiar with but unsure where I saw her before this film. Nicolas Cage played the character of Charlie Bodell, Peggy's husband and let me say that Nicolas Cage's acting here is different from where I saw him ( Adaptation, Moonstruck, Face Off, Con Air, Ghost Rider), the way he created a voice just to fit in the vibe of a younger Charlie was genius, although a bit weird cause he sounded like he belongs in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I also noticed Jim Carrey acting like Jim Carrey.



The movie is unexpected in the sense that at first I thought it was a story of someones' ordeal of getting married but it was also predictable especially watching it now, where there are a lot of travel time movies in the 80's but what made this movie different is the way they ended it, it left me questioning if she really did went back in time? Did she really changed some things in the future? Was that all just a flashback before recovering from a sudden death?


This review is part of my active learning & writing goal.


Comments